Building Kitchen CabinetsBook - 2003
A new edition to Taunton's "Build Like a Pro" series allows amateurs to build kitchen cabinets with professional polish, complete with advice on design, selecting materials and hardware, and finishing styles. Original.
Ingram Publishing Services
When you build your own cabinets you're not just saving money. You also can improve upon the materials and construction used in factory-made cabinets, and get exactly the sizes you want. And with the techniques that Udo Schimdt demonstrates and explains in Building Kitchen Cabinets, you can incorporate custom details in your cabinets to make them even more distinctive. Arched doors, custom cornice treatments, oversize pantry cabinets, and solid wood end panels are just a few of the options to consider.
If you're comfortable using a router, tablesaw, and drill, this book will show you how to build beautiful cabinets in your own workshop.
- Designing custom cabinetry to suit your space and budget
- Building drawers and doors in a variety of different styles
- Installing Euro-style concealed hinges and drawer slides
- Improving storage and convenience with special hardware and accessories
- Selecting and installing a wide range of countertops
Professional cabinetmaker Udo Schmidt covers the entire process of making a set of kitchen cabinets, from preparing materials and selecting the right tools to finishing and installing hardware. 350 photos & illustrations.