The Good Doctor's Guide to Colds and FluBook - 2005
A leading pulmonologist provides up-to-date information on how to prevent and treat common respiratory infections from influenza and bronchitis to pneumonia and sinusitis, explaining how to recognize specific conditions, when to call a doctor, and reducing susceptibility. Original. 20,000 first printing.
The latest and most effective information on preventing and treating colds and flu
Under the weather? Eminent lung specialist Neil Schachter, M.D., arms you with the knowledge you need to boost immunity and avoid illness. And when colds, flu, and other respiratory infections do strike, you'll know exactly how to relieve uncomfortable symptoms like congestion and fever.
In this book you'll find:
- Treatment plans for the most common respiratory infections, including colds, flu, bronchitis, pneumonia, sinusitis, and strep throat
- The right way to use vitamin C and zinc to combat a cold
- The important difference between a head cold and chest cold
- The five best ways to quiet a cough
- Three signs that indicate if it's a cold or flu
- Three symptoms that signal it's time to call a doctor
- Why humming five seconds a day can reduce risk of sinus problems
- The surprising reason why women catch more colds
- And much more
With Dr. Schachter's guidance, you'll stay one step ahead of colds and flu.